So in the interest of filling space, we're presenting you with a taste of an actual book project we submitted to our New York literary agent back in 2007: "100 Good Things About Global Warming." She turned it down immediately, said that the subject wasn't funny, shouldn't be joked about, and stopped sending us Christmas cards. Oops!
Frankly, we still like the idea and might self-publish the book someday if we get really bored. Every page would be richly illustrated, sane people would get a much-needed laugh out of it, and that pissy little Greta Thunberg would probably try to strangle us with her braids.
|Back in 2007, it wasn't "climate change" yet.|
• Kids can lay on their backs and make "dead grass angels" in the yard.
• Eskimos will be warm enough to rub a lot more than noses.
• Iceland will be renamed simply "Land."
• Avalanches will only bury people up to their ankles.
• The Abominable Snowman will become just another abominable guy.
• Never again hear the phrase: "Your food is getting cold."
• Eskimos' 39 different words for snow can be replaced with the single word "puddle."
• Debate over whether any two snowflakes are identical comes to an end.
• Jack Frost stops nipping at your nose, switches to spying on you in your swimsuit.
• Santa's elves can take off their heavy coats and go back to being leprechauns.
• With no need to hibernate, bears finally catch up on chores they've been "meaning to get to."
• "Seeing your breath" becomes clear evidence of a hygiene problem.
• New holiday TV specials like "The Sunscreen That Saved Christmas."
• Unemployed Saint Bernards start bringing rum to those "buried in paperwork."
• Never wince again when someone says "Ant-ar-tic" instead of "Ant-arc-tic."
• Hottentots will simply be called "Tots."
• Hawaii tourism booms with slogan "It's Too Hot To Wear Our Grass Skirts."
• Plenty of hot water for shower, no matter which knob you turn.
• Brass monkeys lose their fear of winter.
• "Baked Alaska" promoted from dessert to state motto.
...and on and on and on. Yes, there really are 100 of these entries and now that we're reading them again for the first time in years, maybe we should consider that whole self-publishing thing. After all, it would really annoy those hysterical voices of doom on the Left...and that would be the best "good thing about global warming" of all!
Note: All of the above is ©2019 by Stilton Jarlsberg.
Never steal things from a crazy man.