|You'll want to click on the picture to see a larger version. Or not.|
By the time we got it working again, we only had a short time to come up with something - almost anything - to share today. We'd already showed you our record collection, and doubted you wanted to look in our sock drawer.
And so you're getting a brain dump of the sort of images we have cluttering our computer desktop (which may explain why it's started choking). All of them are meaningful to us for one reason or another, which we'll now kinda sorta explain (going left to right, and top to bottom):
1) A moody picture of a tree in the night. Or is that a man carrying too heavy a load?
2) Something which really hasn't made its peace with being served in a can of gravy.
3) The spooky butler who greets our visitors at Halloween.
4) A poster for a hilariously bad movie that we've been trying to find again for years. A classic!
5) Our robotic monkey head and our feet. And like they say: "big feet...big shoes."
6) A t-shirt which absolutely captures the essence of being a writer.
7) Our father (who arts in Heaven).
8) Penny, the official dog of Hope n' Change. "I'm not ON the furniture if I'm IN the furniture!"
9) Quacky the terrifying, balloon-twisting duck-billed web-footed clown. Nightmare fodder.
10) An updated social justice version of "The Little Red Hen."
11) A scary tornado picture. We're somewhat obsessed with tornadoes and other weather porn. Living in a trailer in Indiana for a few years will do that to you.
12) A man floating between skyscrapers while holding balloons. Because we'd like to do that.
13) A picture we took at Universal Studios theme park. This is the entrance to the Barney the dinosaur attraction with Norman Bates' "Psycho" house sitting threateningly behind it. Whatever you do, kids, don't take a shower!
14) A melancholy woman with a bear. Because we all have days like that.
15) The most needed service in America.
That's it for now, but we'll try to be back on track on Friday. And if not, we'll at least try to quickly find some more interesting socks to show you!