|Yeah, he really said all that
I'm still in "looking aghast from the sidelines" mode, but felt like it was time to post a little something to remind people that I'm not dead, dying, nor incarcerated. Yet. Plus, this will give us a nice clean slate for the comments area, where intelligent and well-informed people are still posting the best chat on the Internet.
And despite my ongoing sabbatical, I still hear the drumbeat of ongoing news. Although it might just be my throbbing headache.
• Nancy Pelosi is single-handedly choosing the (ahem) "bipartisan" members of a committee to investigate the January 6th Patriots Picnic in Washington, which Dems and the media are breathlessly calling "the most deadly assault on the Capitol in 200 years." A ludicrous thing to say, even though it was the most deadly event in Ashli Babbitt's life.
• The Dems look likely to pass Bernie Sanders' 3.5 Trillion Dollar (actually 5.5 Trillion) spending bill soon, meaning the value of Monopoly money is about to surge when measured against the buying power of the American dollar.
• The Olympics are allegedly taking place in empty stadiums, which is a pretty good metaphor for the lack of enthusiasm people are feeling for the event. Personally, I've given up caring about the USA teams because there's been so much political nonsense and so many personal anti-American demonstrations on and off the field leading up to this event. Here's a wild idea: in the future, howzabout we ask athletes if they have any problem with showing respect to the American flag before putting them on Team USA?
• Although it almost looks like a hint of sanity, I'm not getting my hopes up too much over the fact that Joe Biden ("The Most Popular Man Ever To Run For Office!") keeps seeing his approval ratings fall, recently hitting the 50% mark. Even more telling is a recent poll that shows a majority of Americans (Conservatives, Liberals, and Independents) now view our nation's future pessimistically, with actual optimism falling a full 20 points since May. Nice job of uniting the country, Joe!
• Federal officials have already apprehended ("Welcome to the United States! Here's a plane ticket and some walking around money!") over 1.1 million people crossing our border with Mexico this year. We know that the Democrats' goal is to alter voting demographics permanently, but just how much impact can these "immigrants" have? Here's a fun fact: if you put all of those people in one place and called it a state, it would immediately have a greater population than nine of our existing states do.
Of course, the Left's goal isn't to create a new state, but rather to ship just enough of those people to existing states to change the demographics, cause redistricting, and sway elections (at the same time the Dems are coincidentally trying to federalize elections to ban voter IDs). Currently, our military is being used to fly these intruders to all 50 states rather than, oh, carpet-bombing our southern border. Which strikes me as a damn shame.
• On a personal note, I'm currently recovering from a very uncomfortable urinary tract infection. I won't go into details, but as a gesture of solidarity, I will never again participate in a weenie roast.